Welp, didn’t get as much done as I wanted to get done this weekend. Worked like crazy Saturday until about 5:00 in the afternoon and pretty much overheated myself. Guess I’m not used to the heat yet Got up early Sunday and started again until the rain came early in the afternoon. I managed to get all of the strawberry plants I ordered from Gurneys plated after tilling up a new area for them, planted out some sweet banana and chili peppers, weeded, planted eggplant, weeded some more, replaced some onions, mowed, burned a bunch of crap, etc. We actually did some research on the strawberries and found the correct ones for our region. Junebearer is the type that is the best for our region. Ordered about 100 plants because The Wife wants a lot of jam so there you go. We’ll see what we get off of them this year.
Speaking of bees, our wonderful addition from a few years ago, Chewie, loves to spend his time outside trying to catch them. I have no idea why he likes to do this but he will jump and run after them. Here he is on patrol after losing his last attempt.
As I said I got the peppers and strawberries all planted in, mostly. As I type this I realize I still have to work on some bell peppers.
I have a good selection of plants for the sale we’ll be having soon with more coming. The local farmer’s market opens May 9th this year. We’re still on the fence about trying to join it this year.
Busy week ahead. Hope to get everything else planted out this coming weekend. Got to get back on the room upstairs. Have a good week!