Monday, July 25, 2016

Harvest Monday; July 25, 2016

Happy Monday to all and visit Dave at Our Happy Acres to see all Harvest Mondays.
Well I am writing this during lunch today at work so my spreadsheet is at home on my laptop. And since it is my lunch this won't be too long. At least I am posting more often now though :)
Hot. Dam hot!
That was last week and this weekend. More coming this week. No fun to go outside and immediately sweat. I did minimal work in the garden this week as 1) This weather is doing a pretty good job of finishing off the summer crops and 2) I really didn't want to be outside that much. I did do some staining on the pool deck yesterday but while I was wearing my swim trunks. At first it's refreshing but after a while it's not.

The Wife and I cruised the Raleigh Farmer's Market Saturday. We got there somewhat late (for us) but the local farms were doing well! And it's great to see this many people coming out.


Pulled our red onions out Friday evening. Got some really nice sized ones this year which makes me happy. Our onions have always been suspect. I only planted reds this year too and got the slips from Renee's Garden. Plan on getting some next year from them as well. 


I have pretty much left this bed alone after I picked the garlic except for pulling a few weeds. Those are volunteer marigolds. We didn't plant them. Maybe we shouldn't touch anything and see what happens. 


You want hot peppers? I've got hot peppers. I did a good picking on them for salsa I made Sunday and need to go out there again. 



Something has been eating my Sweet Potatoes and I'm not happy. Most are leafless now. Maybe design a fencing system next year. 


This was my picking from Sunday morning. See that big one on top? First Solar Flare that hasn't cracked this year. 



WOF of the Week. 
This goes out to Chewy this week. He had to go to the vet for an infection and as a result has to take medicine. One type is a liquid that the vet said he would love. He didn't. But he does love it with ice cream. He is one happy canine!


That's it for me for now. Until next time, stay indoors.

3 comments:

  1. Before I had a fence around my garden, the deer ate every single leaf off my sweet potatoes. Maybe that's your culprit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the sweet potatoes. Rabbits love the vines too. I know what you mean about the heat. I was out at 6:30am this morning and by 8am I was toast. I have to agree with Chewy though, everything's better with ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pepper plants are just fantastic. And that is one giant tomato. The heat definitely puts a damper on gardening, pulls the joy right out of it.

    ReplyDelete