Monday, July 24, 2017

Harvest Monday; July 24, 2017

Happy Harvest Monday!

It has been overwhelmingly hot here the last few weeks. So much so that the plants have been taking a beating. Tomatoes are so to ripen and some of the plants are not looking too good, peppers are doing so-so, but cucumbers are doing great. Go figure. I know I haven't been on here for a few weeks so I got a lot to catch up on.


Picture of a harvest.


What a mess.




Weed mess. I didn't get out to the garden last week and it shows. 


Morning glories. 


Volunteer sunflower.


Cuke got squeezed in the fence.


Amy took some pictures of our helpers. 



Green peppers abound but not big enough to pick.



Planted some green beans in the beds, hoping nothing eats them. We want to try to can some more.



Watermelon doing great. Hope we get to eat it within the next few weeks.


Hope all is well with everyone. Sorry so short but work comes calling. Harvest Monday is hosted at Our Happy Acres

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't look that weedy to me, but I guess it's all relative! The watermelon vines sure look healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The summer heat is bad for the gardener as well as the garden. It looks like your garden is still really productive. I've been canning like mad as well, but after pickling some green tomatoes, hot peppers, and zucchini I think we'll be done for the year.

    ReplyDelete