Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Chickens and in With Some Basil

 A busy weekend on the homestead. It was made mentioned as to why we continue to do this. An apartment was mentioned. Well, here we are and can't go back. We spent our Saturday at a surprisingly large greenhouse that I was told about by a co- worker. Very, very good pricing and lots (LOTS) of stuff. We thankfully drove the other section. Nothing was marked but we were able to spot stuff that we wanted. 


And all of purchases for about $130.00. I thought I took a photo but guess I didn't. I think we may head back in a few weeks. Like to get a few trees for the front yard. 

I did manage to get some basil to plant with the tomatoes. I do need to get some more plants or grow some. Also got some cilantro. 





And finally we were getting some flowering, small tomatoes and peppers. 






After cleaning up and weeding and planting, it was time to give the girls some meal worms, their favorite. Ring leader, Madge, has to be hand fed and a few others join in.





The video may or may not play.


After the girls were taken care of it was time to move the compost piles to the other side of the garden. I started this when we got the chickens and some of it was finally turning in to good soil. 




And here's some more photos from around. I must have been in a snappy mood. Or tired. 




My favorite flowers are almost out. My daylilies. They should be ready for next post. 






Saturday evening we got another down pour. Ms. TD's new rain gauge told the story; 2 1/4" of rain. That's two down pours in a week. With that purchase, a took the old gauge to the raised beds. 







Like I said. Photo happy this week. 

WOF of the week. Sir Benjamin is back. Hanging out on his ottoman. 


That's it for now. Hope to add more content. But since these photos are from Sunday and it's Wednesday, time does run short. Until next time. 











No comments:

Post a Comment