Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summertime Countdown

We, time for the summertime countdown. As they say, time flies when you're having fun. I wouldn't say too much fun with temperatures at 100 and heat indexes of 110. Hopefully this means the summer countdown is coming soon! Not soon enough.
Well, I have ripped out all of the green beans and planted my sad Roma transplants. As of today I think they will make it but only time will tell. I also threw in a couple more summer squash plants and pepper plants. The green peppers aren't doing that well this year for some reason. Neither are the cucumbers. I also got some more of those in the ground. Also put a few bush in the buckets too.

Here's the new squash plants where the lettuce. Hopefully I won't put them to an early grave.


The tomato plants continue to grow. The Roma plants continue to produce but I've been too lazy to get them canned. Tomorrow night I will try. And we've finally gotten some good Big Boy tomatoes and some cherry tomatoes as well.


The heat has been doing the damage to my flowers. It's hard to stay on track of the watering and such when you're gone for some time. I think that I will rip most of them out and try for some fall flowers. I did get some good pictures of some though.



Now, I am definitely not in charge of the meteorology patterns that circumnavigate our little speck in the universe, but if I were, there would be more rain pouring down on the land we call home. It's getting to the point where we would welcome a tropical depression that would sit over our roof for three to four days. Oh, and we've been on a Northern Exposure marathon. Almost makes the residency in that state look appealing. Quirky characters is what I think appeals the most to me.

WOF of the Week. Well, to say that our couch was old and deplorable is an understatement. So off to the furniture store we go, sitting on everything there. After a while the thought came to me that all of the customers looked like school children on the playground, all of us moving from one piece of furniture to the next, sitting down and standing up. Site to behold I'm sure. So the wife and I cart the old one to the dump after bringing the new one home. It is the color of WOF fur and she appears to like it well enough.

That is not a setup. She was laying like that. And another purchase may be the Thundershirt! Thought it was a joke but they actually sell them. She freaks during storms so this would be a good way to get her off of us. 

Have a good week folks and until next time, unless I melt first.

No comments:

Post a Comment