Sunday, June 30, 2024

Sky Water Did You Say?

 Finally! As I type this is is lightly raining. Took the pups out in it and of Course Benjamin did his thing and ran back into the garage. Matilda? Rain doesn't affect her. We walked the yard and then some. We had a real good rain earlier in the day. 3" according to the rain gauge. We definitely needed it and then some. My burn pile is high but for fear of setting the county on fire I have been letting the set. We are expecting more rain this coming Tuesday so maybe next weekend we'll get that pile down. 


Ms. TD and her friends went to the antique market in Charlotte Saturday so I talked the new front steps handrails and post caps. I didn't have all of the materials to finish everything and one of my boards for the handrail spindles was warped badly so it didn't put it in. I got the top rails in and one side bottom. I got the top caps cut and installed. Routed out a nice cut back on the caps, cut 2 small 4x4 pieces to hold the new light Ms. TD bought and set the lights in place, I thought they screwed in but apparently you have to use outdoor adhesive. Finishing up the stairs for good will be this coming weekends' job. I did some weeding in the garden afterwards but took no photos. I got overheated as it was horribly humid out so called it a day. Ms. TD and I have a four day weekend coming up so hope we can get a lot of things competed. 



We got another small harvest from the garden earlier today as well. Cucumbers are really producing this year. Tomatoes not so much right now. 


That's about it for this post. Hopefully more to come this weekend. 








2 comments:

  1. Stopped by from Jenn's blog when I saw your name! Had to be a fellow mountaineer. Sending a hello from Jackson county.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. A transplanted Mountaineer. Lived in the Tarheel state since 2005. I grew up in Parkersburg, Wood County. We go up when we can to visit and get a good eye taste of the mountains we miss. Everything flat around us. Glad you stopped by.

      Delete