Sunday, August 12, 2012

I Am Not Looking

forward to going back to work tomorrow. I can get used to this 'not working' thing. But I have no winning lottery ticket and I'm not that lucky anyway. It was something great to

I spent an extra day at the beach so the youngest boy and myself drove back Thursday.
Sea turtle update: I did not get any pictures of the nest but we did see one turtle crawl out and make it to the ocean. It was the following night from my last post and it was cool. Something I may never get to see again. Knock that one off of the list.
Fishing update: We caught more fish than we know what to do with. 27 Spanish Mackerel and a Dolphin (Mahi-Mahi, not Flipper.) We got all of them filleted for us and we froze most except that evenings' supper. The Wife did not do well on the trip. The boat was really rocking all day, at times I almost fell down, so it's little wonder that a person that gets sick on a Tilt-A-Whirl has no reason to be deep sea fishing. I have a picture but won't post it. It's funny though.


I got started on the garage wall Friday but didn't make much progress as I needed to run wires up to the attic but had a heck of a time in doing so. I ended up buying a 16" long drill bit to just make it through all of the wood to get upstairs. Spent way too much time doing that. Anyway by this evening I got all of the drywall up and started the second coat of mud.



I definitely have been neglecting the garden some as I had tomato plants laying on the ground when I got back. Some more stakes took care of that problem. Did some trimming and weed pulling. I have a lot of tomatoes set now so if it will cool down some I may be able to get more than a few at a time.




Eggplant has finally decided to make an appearance. 



Peppers are coming in too. Odd though, I've always had to stake my plants but these are so small that it isn't needed. 





WOF of the Week. Picked her up Friday afternoon from the kennel and she was happy to be out of there. I was hoping she wasn't having flashbacks of abandonment from her early life. She a pain at times but she's ours. She loved the ride home.


Long week ahead so it's off to bed. Stay safe out there kids and don't play the lottery Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment