Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day!

I hope everyone has the day off like me. It's nice to have a three day weekend. Since I live an hour from the office now, I am considering asking the boss for a 4 day work week which would give me a 3 day weekend. Make more sense to me since we work minimum 9 hours per day and a half day on Fridays. I'll be asking soon.

Got some large harvests from the garden this weekend, tomatoes really making themselves known. All that cutting I did last weekend really put them into motion. One problem I have run in to is that a lot of the tomatoes have been splitting their skins, which means that they are growing too fast. So now I have relegated myself to picking them when they are still pretty green and letting them ripen up inside of the house at their pace.

My harvest from yesterday. Time to get canning.


Some more pictures around.








Everything seems to be growing along at a good clip now. I have a few more eggplants to pick soon and a lot of the tomato plants are setting more fruit so it looks like a good fall coming up. Speaking of which the beans planted last Sunday are already coming up. Everything else, beyond a few cuke plants is still waiting for something. 


Well, I went out and played 18 holes Saturday with out Meetup group at Chapel Ridge Golf Club. We were told on the first tee not to stray too far into the woods because of Chiggers. Apparently I don't listen well. I have bites all over my ankles and upper legs. Bad enough that after going to bed at 11:00 last night I was up at 3:30 this morning scratching to beat all. A trip to a 24 hour Walmart for some Listerine and itch medicine seems to help some. I don't know if anyone else in the group got them but I am going to ask because it wasn't just me in the woods. Time to get off here and get working on the garage from hell some more. Enjoy your day kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment