Monday, May 2, 2016


Milky Spore came in Thursday of last week so I spent Saturday afternoon using my homemade applicator spreading the stuff around. I ordered two of the 10 lb. packages but only needed one. This is good as I wanted to do another treatment later in the year. I watered in all of the spore around the garden beds but waited until the rain Sunday to soak the rest of the yard. One thing I do know now; I can't walk in a straight line. Anyway take a look.

The homemade milky spore spreader. A coffee can, two screws and a stick.

Drilled some holes in a tight grouping. 

Pre- drilled everything then used a stubby screwdriver to install the screws. 

I have to admit that I am please the way it worked. 

4'-0" apart in 4'-0" rows. I'm sure I looked like an idiot walking the whole yard hitting it with a stick. 

Garden- wise I haven't really done anything until I get these grubs under control. You can see the beans are up and I need to put a few more seeds in that bed and plant some more in the field. These did really well for us last year. Garlic is doing good and probably should be coming out within the next month or so. Have a couple volunteer onions mixed with the. I can't grow onions from seed but I can make them appear. 

Red onions are doing nicely. I got these from Renee's Garden this year as slips. 

That's about it for now, just a quick post from lunch at work. I am planning on getting everything planted out this coming weekend so fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment