Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year....

My favorite season has arrived. If it could be like this year- round, I'd be in heaven. Cool, crisp mornings, mild afternoons, and cool evenings. Perfect! Oldest boy has to like it as he's now not baking in the heat, youngest boy definitely likes it. I've even got him talked into moving out to northern California but the wife is still being a....

It's happening all over! Leaves are coming down and covering the ground. Driving around I see all kinds of displays! I need to pull over more and get some good shots before they are gone for the winter.

Grabbed the youngest boy and we took off for a state park somewhat near us this past Sunday. Below are some of the pictures I took. He took some as well and I believe his are better. He really likes the outdoors. The park's name is Medoc Mountain, and no, there's no real mountain here. No cell coverage either. 



Thought this was a neat passageway. Reminded us when we went to Cranberry Glades last year.








There is a very large picnic area and open fields as well.





On our return trips for Almost Heaven, we usually go off the mountain at Fancy Gap, VA down Route 52, maybe hitting the farmer stands at the bottom. This time we went down I-77 and I was able to get this shot with the overhanging clouds.

Pretty Cool.

Now, I get emails all the time from all kinds of sites (not those:). Most people do. Now, I got one from one of the job listing sites and it had a job working in Prudhoe Bay, AK, North Slope. I know where Prudhoe Bay is at but curiosity got the best of me so I went to city data.com and looked up the statistics on this place. I had to take a pictures with my phone of what I saw at the top. 


At this time four (4) people live there with an average age of 11.5 years. 2 males and 2 females, but the difference is 60% males and 40% females, so instead of going by actually numbers they must go by weight.
Household income is off the scale! These kids do well working in the oil fields. 

No Way!!!!!!!

I stole this off of Facebook. My brother In Law had it posted on his wall and I thought it was funny. Thing is, we've been mocking Star Wars as of late anyway so this just fits right in. 


You've got to have a sarcastic, dry sense of humor around me. I find the ordinary funny I guess. 

No WOF of the Week this time. Sorry. I promise another update this weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment