Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Ramblings 2014-1

Well hello and welcome to my new posting premise. I'm sure a lot of people just have things built up in their head where they get to the point of saying "well hell, I think I'll see if anyone else wants to knows this, or maybe they know something I don't." So I decided on Ramblings (original I know) and dated it for the year 2014 (haven't lost you yet have I?) and dash one as this will be my first Rambling of this year. Hold on, here we go.

Saw a good article through Facebook today about five reasons to garden this year. I found it through a site I follow called Attainable Sustainable and here's the link to those very five reasons. Go ahead and look then continue reading.













































Are you done reading the article?








































Sure?
OK. I can say that I agree a lot with what the author said but the really big thing for me is that drought that they are having out west. I remember what it was like here in our area some years ago; couldn't wash your car, water your lawn, etc. But there's a lot more of them out there and I believe their agricultural system is really going to suffer and it will affect the rest of us. Time to build some desalination plants and quit running the aquifers dry. Well that's one option. And I think California depends on a lot of snow run off from the mountains (runnoft.)
I didn't start any salad greens from seed so it looks like I'll be buying those this year. Also, who uses the potatoes in the ground by St. Patrick's Day thing? That's what I've always heard. We'll start the potatoes, onions and peas around that time frame.
My wife's mother, brother and his wife have arrived at the homestead this evening and I am working out of town this week. Lucky? Unlucky? Middle of the road? I don't know because I'm so damn tired I really can't think straight. Long day, sorry.
Weathers been great this week. Almost broke down and turned on the AC in the truck after lunch. Almost. Times' like this I wish I was a dog and stick my head out the window. It's hard to steer when I do it.
Oh I'm on Facebook if your into that sort of thing. Also on twitter although I really don't tweet a lot. I have enough going on without having to worry about tweeting all of the time. I do follow a lot of golfers, mostly European, and boy do they tweet a a lot. @ncgolfer68 on twitter. All of this information and I told my wife my next phone is going to be one of those old flip phones.

Speaking of tired...


So you will never have to use the full extent of your arm muscles again picking up that jug kids. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment