Monday, July 16, 2012

I Hate Being Sick

Sitting at the house today because I awoke with a major migraine and in sweats. It felt like I'd been on a roller coaster for 6 hours straight. I've been getting a little work done here but can only do that for about 1/2 hour at a time. I do hate missing work but I have a laptop and access to email so I do stay caught up.

Went for a garden tour Sunday morning and snapped a few pictures. I'm still losing bean plants but not at the rate I was. I'm at a loss right now. Beans are supposed to be easy! As I said before, if these don't clear up I'll start again. I really want a lot of beans to can this year.


I did some trimming on the tomato plants, getting rid of the useless branches. They seem to be doing good despite the hot temperatures we've had the last few weeks. 




I am now considering what to get into the ground for the fall crops. I do have some carrot seeds and will be cruising the seed sites later. 

The Wife put up a hummingbird feeder off of the back porch and we now have three or so coming around. One is a bully but the other two seem pretty calm about things. I was reading the paper and was able to sneak in a few shots. Not too great but good enough for me. 



And as I finish typing this it is thundering outside. And the WOF is on top of me. She hates storms so my sister sent us a Thunder Shirt. She must be used to it yet. Hope it brings a lot of rain though. We need it. 

Stay safe out there kids.




1 comment:

  1. If you want rain, we've got loads of the bloody stuff!

    From the previous post, you have a nitrogen meter? That's bad, and I don't mean in a down-with-the-ghetto-kids way.

    Mix up a pint of brandy and port; that'll sort the illness out!

    ReplyDelete