Monday, December 23, 2013

Almost There

Well kids it's getting close now. Amy has done most of the shopping as I was out of town all flipping week, not returning until this past Saturday evening. Needless to say I spent most of the day Sunday lounging around, after a little morning trip to get a few things. In hindsight I should have spent it outside working on garden things and the building but with the threat of rain during our daytime temps of 75 degrees, I saw no need to drag everything out then have it pour on me. Yes, 75 degrees. And it was 64 when I left for work at 6:30 this morning. Strange to say the least. I know it's coming. We are on the uphill run for longer days now but winter's far from over.
A milestone has passed a few days ago; Chewie has been with us for one year now. He's gone from yelping anytime you touched his head or pretty much anywhere else to a fun, playful dog. Every once in a while he'll yelp about something, but his previous life before us wasn't great so we take it in stride. And he has become The Wife's favorite, following her everywhere.


I took a look this morning at the onions I started a few weeks back and they are doing pretty nicely. Little green strands coming up like they are supposed to. As for the remainder of garden items for next year, I have a pretty good plan set up and will be ordering the rest of the seeds. I can't set up my light stand until Amy has the Christmas stuff down in the office. She needs to move her butt! And I need to resist temptation to start things too early this year. Maybe I might play with the saved pepper seeds to see how well I did with them. :)
Well that's all I can say for now. We have an open house with one of our neighbors this evening then I may try to catch the Alaska The Last Frontier show I DVR'd last night while putting my plans on paper. Great show to watch and has become my new favorite. Still messing with Amy about moving there and at times she says let's go, usually after dealing with idiots on something. But she insists on indoor plumbing (no outhouses) so this is an obstacle to work around. I have found some interesting items while cruising some blogs from there and will share later.

Keep cool kids??????

1 comment: