Monday, May 2, 2011

Pinehurst #6.... If You Can Find It.

OK, Pinehurst #6 will not be found if you are not looking for it without the help of gps tracking stations. It is not  in the main complex/resort of Pinehurst. Don't go there! But if you have the desire of a guided tour of the village of Pinehurst, I would be glad to accommodate.

After arriving at the course I had to walk backwards from hole #9 just so I could find my son's group in their practice round. Caught up with them playing #6 so it wasn't that bad. Course was in great shape and definitely a step up from Course #1 that they played last year. This course also has the famous underground bathroom. Pictures are here and I really don't know what picture is of what but I will guess.

Green of Par 3 7th looking back down from way to 8th.

No sure which hole this is.

 Hole #16, downhill par 3.

Famous underground bathroom under the 15th tee box.

 Hole #13, downhill par 3.

Hole #11, downhill par 4.

That's it for my pictures! My wife went down today for the Regionals tournament and my son shot a 78, missed out on making state by a shot or two. It was him and another player from his school that went this year. Hope to get more from the team down there next year! Be up to them as he ships out one week after graduation. Proud no matter what.

Now I need to get out myself! Haven't played since October of last year. Hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment