Monday, January 9, 2012

Light Stand

Well, I finally did it. I made my light stand for my starter greenhouses. All in all, it took me about 3 1/2 hours overall to build at a cost of about $51.00. So far. The main unit is done but needs painting, upper light brackets, and lights. I have a couple of 2 bulb shop lights but I'd like to get two 4 bulb lights. Oh well one thing at a time. I will start painting tonight and hopefully finish it off tomorrow night.

I can get 4 plats on the bottom and 4 on the top. It's made from mostly junk lumber at the local home improvement store. The tops are 5/8" particle board. Reason for the paint as water and particle board do not mix. I have a separate page showing the complete process with the link to the right. I did have some help too.

She came sniffing around, probably looking for food. 
So this is what my Sunday looked like. I know it will drive the wife nuts having it inside. Worse yet, i plan on keeping it in her scrapbook room as it stays pretty warm up there. Let me get started on the Construction page!

No comments:

Post a Comment