Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Seeds Have Arrived

I received my Territorial Seed Company seeds today! Well, all except my carrot seeds. Which by the way I actually picked up up some from Home Depot today, along with my herbs, 3 starter green houses, a soil tester that I've been wanting to try, and an Orchid for my wife. The green houses are the standard type from Jiffy but they were $4.99 each. I may go back tomorrow and pick up some more. The soil tester is supposed to tell you the fertilizer and PH balance in your soil. I tried it out and it seems to work OK. The Orchid is for her wanting to green up the house. We'll see how long it takes her to kill it.


I did get some broccoli and carrots in the garden today, plus started some flowers, more lettuce and broccoli in the new new greenhouses. I will start more broccoli and lettuce in a few weeks. I was planing on using the old computer cart as a grow stand but after much figuring I believe it will be too small, so back to the drawing board. The table I set them on tonight in my wife's scrapbook room is just the right size for 4 plats. I think I will try to design and build a 2-3 level grow stand.

It was a beautiful day to say the least. 69 degrees late this afternoon. I can really get used to days like today. Hope to have some ideas for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment