Sunday, July 21, 2013

Getting Ready For Fall

Started a bunch of seeds last night. Broccoli, brussel sprouts, and some cabbage. Trying to get a jump on them for the fall garden. I still have a few more to start. Ground planting will be carrots, spinach, lettuce, leeks, mustard, and turnips. Probably looking at mid August before actually getting the planting started. Seem now that summer has found us and it's been getting hotter. Thankfully though we have rain this evening so we will avoid the impending drought.

Went to the store today and lucked into three celebrity hybrid tomato plants. Not a big fan of hybrids but had to take what I could. I didn't take any pictures as I didn't stay outside too long today. Did the plantings, power washed the back deck and that was it. I will leave you this evening with this, our mailbox planting we did at the beginning of spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment