Monday, July 22, 2013

Harvest Monday; July 24, 2013

Well I hope to have the garden in decent shape now for the remainder of the summer. A lot of weeding, cutting, tying, etc. to make everything right in the world or at least my world. Now on to fall!

Seed saving advice: When labeling your tomatoes for seed saving later, be sure to label in a pen on your masking tape, not pencil. I now have a lot of seeds that are listed as "Big." They cam from German Johnson, German Queen, or maybe Mortgage Lifters. Who knows. All I do know is that they will be "Big" next year. Nothing like a surprise.

No pictures this week of the harvest as there really wasn't too much to pick. I did see a few more eggplant almost ready and peppers galore. Been a wonderful year for them. Here's the latest tally.


Head on over to Daphne's Dandelions to see what others are getting out of their garden this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment