Light stand completed.
1/2" diameter schedule 40 PVC pipe and fittings. I had some left over from the water line this past summer. Realistically I'd probably use 3/4". The 1/2" is about $1.50 for a 10'-0" joint. Cheap. I used 3/8" plywood for the shelves and light hangers but I'll change this later to something a little heavier later. I need one more light and done. All in all I'll have about $230.00 total in this, maybe a little more. Beats paying this or this. It's looks good for pipe and holds 16 plats. And I didn't glue it together, just stuck the pieces together, so I can knock it apart when not in use. All lights are on my timer. One thing off of my list!
Drilled a small hole through the pipe the a big one on the outside. Lateral supports is what these side pipes do. I used self- drilling screws to attached them.
Finally received my order from Park Seed this past Friday so that rounds out all of the initial orders. Until The Wife tells me what she wants to do outside I'll wait. Maybe. I am thinking of trying a few new plants this year to spread our palate out a bit. We visited some friends yesterday and the canned pickled okra. I never thought about that myself nor have I grown okra so that may be a new one.
Quick post so back to work. And get your mind out of the gutter :)