Tuesday, January 15, 2013

These Days

If I could find the pace that has the temperatures year round as the ones we've been having the past few days, I'd pack up and move tomorrow. No doubting it. Gone. My goodness it has been great. 70s in the day and 50s at night. Perfect. Santa Barbara, California may be close but I don't think The Wife will want to move there. And after checking Realtor.com for housing, we would need really, really good jobs. Closest house to what we paid for ours here was a 2 bedroom mobile home. It's expensive to say the least. Oh well.....

I have built a new light stand and will have more details on it next post and will replace the link to the right. I made it out of 1/2" dia. schedule 40 plastic pipe and fittings with plywood tops. It's cool. A few minor modifications and you'll see it.

Started some onion transplants this weekend (reason for the new light stand) and a few flowers just to see something grow. I'll move the onions out into the beds middle of next month then start the major crops for the summer season. Strangely none of the stores had any seed starting mixture so I made some with sphagnum peat moss and perlite.



Worked pretty good. It is about a 9 to 1 mixture, peat moss to perlite. Just mix it good, wet it down and set into you pots, etc. Also got my orders from Territorial Seed Company and Johnny's Seeds AND found a small cashe of seed packets hidden from me.Some tomato, pepper, and cucumber seeds from last year. 

Picked another good red cabbage from the garden for supper Sunday evening. Definitely planting these things again. 



Chewman likes to ride in the truck. That's all for now. Done with lunch and back to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment