I ran into an article a while back and saved it to post here sometime as I found it interesting. Crop Mobs. Heard of them? I haven't until I hit that article. Here it is as I can't find a web link to it.
So after that I did some more research and lo and behold, Crop Mob was started in my region of NC. Here's a link to their site. Crop Mob Basically what it is is a group of people that mob others to help. Not all are farmers either. Read up if you'r interested.
I spent a little free time and made up an overhead view of this year's garden on Excel. I thought of using one of those garden planner programs but I honestly don't have the time to learn something new right now. Big To Do list. Here it is....
Definitely not set in stone but a general idea of what I want where.
Speaking of lists, I took a look at the one I made at the beginning of last year just to see if i actually did any of it. Here it is BTW. And here it is with answers.
So in looking at this list it appears I didn't do a whole lot but I did. I worked out of town A LOT last year, it rained and rained and rained and rained and rained, and I did other things. Painted the home office, painted Squeak's room, set up Bubby and DIL in new apartment, items that just pop up and need fixing, etc. Seemed like the year flashed by. Working out of town as much as I did really took up time I needed to be here, especially on the garden. This means that The Wife is going to have to step up and help me out some more.
Now my 2014 list:
- Finish outbuilding, including rain catchment system and composting bins
- Expand garden with three new beds and more plowed area and run water lines for them
- Repair existing water lines and install valves at each bed (so I can control what gets watered when)
- Build seating area near garden to enjoy the gnats.
- Build bird houses for Purple Martins!
- Finish repairs on small car.
- After outbuilding is complete, move all items for there out there
- After items moved out of garage, finish ceiling finishing, including two new lights
- Finish 4 wheeler repairs and sell
- Garage sale March 1st.
- Build three paintball marker holders
- Finish Wife's bathroom ceiling
- Finish upstairs
- Patch holes in living room.
- Back splash in kitchen (needed)
- Fix small furniture pieces
- Power wash and stain back deck and front porch
- Gutters and downspouts on front and back of house. Garage can wait.
- Invisible fence for dogs. This will be nice to do.
- Play more golf so I can enjoy my membership.
- Lottery (to pay for all of this crap)
That's my general list for this year and I will be happy to get it all or mostly done. Well this should wrap up this post. What's on your list this year?
Stay warm kids.