Sunday, March 3, 2013

i aM a CouNtin

This weekend's weather sucks. Cold. Not too bad when the sun comes out but still cold. Next weekend though is looking very, very nice. 


It is going to be a busy week, I can definitely see that coming. Wait, let me go check the lottery ticket. Nope, not a winner. So after expelling all of my energy this week I hope I have some more for the weekend's events we sorta have planned. I am going to lay out probably three 4'-0" wide x 25'-0" long ground rows for the potatoes, onion, garlic, etc. As I said in an earlier post I'll have to get some dirt delivered as our really sandy soil doesn't contain much nutrients except for the bermuda wiregrass (darn stuff.)  Renting a tiller is also on the list but I did get a couple of gift cards for Lowes for my birthday so that could be a late present. I also will be turning everything over in the raised beds and adding a little compost to them. Going to extend the 8'-0" long beds together so that there will be three 4'-0" wide x 19'-0" long beds. Still have to do the pergola over them but that will hopefully be done on our April off time. And we'll also head up to the nurseries Saturday morning to look for a few plants, especially strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc. So, this weekend's planting list is..
  • Potatoes, red and yellow
  • Red, yellow, and white onions
  • Garlic
  • Asparagus
  • Carrots, Danvers half long
  • Cabbage, Copenhagen
  • Lettuce, Mix loose leaf
  • Strawberries
  • Blackberries
  • Blueberries
Amy has her flowers she has to figure out what to do with. The front beds needs a reworking after last year. 




Picked this up at Walmart this morning. Project for this year. Last year it was the $1.00 tomato. This year it is The Boy's tomatoes and cucumbers and this Impatiens kit. Starting it today and we'll wait and see. I was surprised with the $1.00 tomato last year so fingers crossed. 


Well, sitting here in the office typing this I can see that some watering needs to be done. This is my view. 


So let me get off of here and get that done and a few other small projects, maybe some work work. Check in later. 


1 comment:

  1. Nice view! I was hoping to get out to the garden today to weed and dig but that wind...Brr. Maybe next weekend.

    ReplyDelete